"The optimist says this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears he is right." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Friday, November 02, 2007

By the Market

We were by Saint Lawrence Market about two weekends ago, and it was so mild that people were lounging about on park benches reading and doing schoolwork.

Quite a contrast with this morning, as temps plunged below the freezing point for the first time this season. It was a - er, um -
refreshing ride into the office...

Of course, I was scrambling around the house searching for cool-weather garb, and was mostly successful, except that I only found one shoe-cover. Just bought them last year, used them maybe 1/2 dozen times, and now I don't have a pair. I think it's more frustrating only finding one than it is finding neither. Now I have that orphan staring me in the face, a constant reminder that I
used to have a functioning set of tootsie-warmers. Of course, I can never throw that useless single out, because what if the other one shows up to complete the pair?

Aaaargghhh!

Of course, you know the lost fellow will reappear - a week after I throw the other out...





But hey, it's Friday, and I'm not going to worry about that any more today. The weekend starts soon enough!

I'll close with new B&W conversion of a portrait of the latest member of the family, Cinza (aka: The Princess). She would want you to have a great weekend, too. Come to think of it, perhaps she knows where my missing shoe-cover is!

5 comments:

La Gatita Gringa said...

Have you any house hippos? I know they make their nests with dryer lint but I bet they wouldn't scoff at the chance for a nice shoe cover.

Me and my camera said...

We have none of those. Are they indigenous to Spain?

La Gatita Gringa said...

There are indigenous to Canada.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBfi8OEz0rA

Di Mackey said...

The Cinza pic is beautiful! just in case you didn't know already.

Me and my camera said...

Thank you, Di! (blush)

Followers

Blog Archive

The Animal Rescue Site
photoblog-community

Photoblogs.org - The Photoblogging Resource

CoolPhotoblogs.com
My profile