"The optimist says this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears he is right." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Friday, April 04, 2008

The Urban Oasis

I suppose that some thirty or thirty-five years ago, when this little resting spot was constructed, it seemed like a nice idea: a place where passing pedestrians could rest their weary feet for a few minutes.

The years haven't been kind and maintenance has been non-existant. The school that it's in front of is slated for demolition, making way for yet another high-rise condo.

Progress...

4 comments:

frejus track said...

Good picture Knarf.
Any luck with enquiries abour Cocotte bags,
sorry to be pain in ass.

Anonymous said...

Is Wednesday's pic from in front of the new orafice? FWIW, I have a V6 automatic ;)
I don't want to identify myself as the former 991 so I,ll refer back to my ancient label (854).

Me and my camera said...

frejus,

I asked a few people, but no one has used Cocotte bags that I spoke to. Everyone's heard of them, but no one's used them.

Anon,

Nope, not in front of the new office, although I've been riding for a few weeks now (but not today - icky cold rain)

Pappy said...

Very nice pic, Knarf. I'm guessing (prob. wrongly) that its Shaw st, just north of Queen W.

BTW, from the looks of it, those benches suffered mostly this very winter we just finished with, but you would know better than I.

Followers

Blog Archive

The Animal Rescue Site
photoblog-community

Photoblogs.org - The Photoblogging Resource

CoolPhotoblogs.com
My profile