"The optimist says this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears he is right." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Sweet Sixteen

I was at the Jet Fuel for the first time in many months on the weekend. As you can see, not much has changed.

I was reminded that April 1st is the annual Jet Fuel Birthday Party. It started on the first anniversary of its opening, with a free keg of beer. Each year he adds another free keg. This year Johnny Jet Fuel (in the pic, on the only phone in the coffeeshop) will be providing 16 kegs.

In a break from tradition, the shindig will be starting at 4 in the afternoon, rather than the usual 8pm. Every year, no matter how many kegs, they always run out of beer at around midnight. I wonder what time they'll finish this year?

I won't know, as I won't be here. I was a stalwart over the years, but being older, wiser and "married", I'm just not up to this sort of stuff anymore. I'll leave it to the young kids to indulge.

I'm guessing there may be more than a few hung-over messengers on the road tomorrow morning. That, or half my crew will book off "sick"...

;-)

1 comment:

Pappy said...

Johnny Jetfuel's 1 April party!! Thanks for the reminder Knarf - it was my fav. bikie party of last year. I think the next day was a Monday and w.in my first hour at work I had flown over my handlebars on Portland St after a cabbie cut me off. Luckily, I was so 'relaxed' I didn't even feel upset.
If it starts at 4pm, you've really got no excuses, Old Man Knarf.

Followers

Blog Archive

The Animal Rescue Site
photoblog-community

Photoblogs.org - The Photoblogging Resource

CoolPhotoblogs.com
My profile