"The optimist says this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears he is right." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Feed the Birds

Spotted on Saturday, the day after a notable snowfall, at Yonge and Eglinton. Whenever I see a little old lady feeding birds, I inevitably think of the song from Mary Poppins.

"Feed the birds,
two-pence a bag..."

We got another "dusting" of about 6 inches last night. Like the weekend, it's six inches of heavy, wet, sticky snow, it's deep puddles and splashing from passing traffic. It's slop.

At least the birds in front of 2300 Yonge will be taken care of, even in the snow.

1 comment:

La Gatita Gringa said...

Not two-pence but tuppence.

I find feeding the birds very therapeutics - which drives home the fact that I am turning into an old fogey. Next I'll be keeping an eye out for the juncos in the salt cart.

Followers

Blog Archive

The Animal Rescue Site
photoblog-community

Photoblogs.org - The Photoblogging Resource

CoolPhotoblogs.com
My profile