"The optimist says this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears he is right." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Friday, November 23, 2007

Winter Wonderland

Bring me your huddled masses...

You can tell it's winter, when we stand close to strangers at bus stops.

Yesterday was fun, especially for my charges out in the slop and the slush, biking about Toronto's core, "picking up packages then dropping them off" (as Big Gay Al was wont to say).

This morning we awoke to clear skies and -8C temps. The streets were still slushy enough that there was no way I was about to cycle from Yonge and Eg out to Etobicoke; for the fourth straight day I tubed it to work. Hopefully it will be dry enough Monday to ride.

Until then, have a great weekend!!!

5 comments:

La Gatita Gringa said...

Brrrr.
And yuck.

Me and my camera said...

Is it snowing in Madrid today?

La Gatita Gringa said...

No but it's a might nippy. There was snow in the sierras this week but nothing in the city: we just had rain.

Di Mackey said...

'Tubed it' ... first thought was that you'd 'inner tubed' it, then I realised how foolish that was, unaccustomed as I used to be to the whole catching the tube thing.

Hmmm, unless the cultural divide is such that I didn't understand what I thought I understood ... if you know what I mean.

Me and my camera said...

Londoners call their subway "the tube". Not that many Torontonians do - I guess I'm one of them...

;-)

Followers

Blog Archive

The Animal Rescue Site
photoblog-community

Photoblogs.org - The Photoblogging Resource

CoolPhotoblogs.com
My profile