"The optimist says this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears he is right." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Monday, November 19, 2007

Van the Man Plays Reposado's


So, I went out to see my buddy Tim Hamel play on Friday night. It was a pretty good night. My daughter Anne was there, and we had a lovely time. Tim bought me drinks. I took pictures. We chatted. It was all good.

This was a band that I'd never seen before: two acoustic guitarists, bass, a vocalist and Tim on trumpet (didn't manage to get any good shots of Tim, but you've seen him here before anyway). Looking at the photos afterward, it struck me how much the singer (Sandy, the bar owner) resembles a very young Van Morrison.

Quite an interesting group. They play Reposado's here in Toronto on Ossington between Queen and Dundas, Thursdays and Fridays. Intimate atmosphere, interesting crowd, great music. If you like Django-esque trad-jazz type stuff, you'll have a blast!

The rest of the weekend was pretty good. More on that later!

7 comments:

La Gatita Gringa said...

But did you have chips for dinner??

Grey Bear said...

And beer?

Me and my camera said...

I believe I had chick-pea soup for dinner.

Yes, Grey Bear, I did have beer. St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout...

Grey Bear said...

Yum!!

Me and my camera said...

They didn't have any Prop.

Grey Bear said...

Oh.

Di Mackey said...

The light in the first one ... it's really stunning.

Followers

Blog Archive

The Animal Rescue Site
photoblog-community

Photoblogs.org - The Photoblogging Resource

CoolPhotoblogs.com
My profile