"The optimist says this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears he is right." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Today's Post

Today we present another in the (what is now an) ongoing series of documentation of the Fondriest trackbike - part by part.

Part The First, as you'll recall was the stem, and a lovely stem it is, too. The stem and the seatpost are, in my humble opinion, the most beautiful of the components on this particular bike. If today's photo isn't quite so successful as a photo, I think you'll agree that the piece in and of itself is an exemplar of stunning industrial design: a blend of art and utility, form and function as only the Italians can do it.

For those who care, it's a Miche Supertype, and I couldn't imagine my bike without it.

I really want to work on this and capture it in a photo that does it justice, and I hope one day to be able to show you such a photo, but until then, you'll have to be satisfied with this "post"...

3 comments:

frejus track said...

Wicked stem Knarf...u have a very chic Fondriest...i'm gonna pick up my baby on the weekend now...but the waiting's the best bit! peace

Me and my camera said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Me and my camera said...

Thanks, frejus!

Can't wait to see pix of your Fondriest. I saw the one you pointed me to a week or two ago, but it was hard to see much of the bike. Want to see some nice detail photos!

Followers

Blog Archive

The Animal Rescue Site
photoblog-community

Photoblogs.org - The Photoblogging Resource

CoolPhotoblogs.com
My profile