"The optimist says this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears he is right." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Friday, October 12, 2007

TorontO Bike Messenger Association

If there are bikes hanging from the trees, there must be messengers about.

(As an aside, kids, the next time you ask your dad for a new bike and he says, "Son, bikes don't grow on trees, you know!", you can show him this photo)

Last night was the annual piss-up - er, um, that is "annual courier appreciation night" - at Magpies, said bash having been thrown by the above-mentioned TOBMA

Lots of talk last night about the upcoming 2008 CMWC (Cycle Messenger World Championships) to be held next summer right here in this fair burg. I'm quite certain they need an "official photographer", however the powers that be were playing coy with me...

In all seriousness, it was a fun night, as Leah can attest to:

8 comments:

La Gatita Gringa said...

Is she tweaking her nipples?

Me and my camera said...

I believe she's giving us the "thumbs up"...

Scott Loveless said...

1. Seriously, Knarf, did you ask the owner of that bike what he was thinking when he bobbed those bars like that? WTF?

2. If you need an assistant I could possibly make the trip. Photographing that bunch sounds like a blast.

3. Leah is very sexy, in a most unconventional way. And you can tell her I said that.

Peace.

Di Mackey said...

Bikes hanging from trees ... it seemed like you were implying Santa was real somehow or maybe I just made a huge sideways leap into 'wrong'.

P.S, la gatita is a girl, she'd know.

and, not wishing to comment on your comments and yet quite unable to help myself, do you think that scott guy wants to hook up with Leah? And if so, are you turning this here blog into a dating blog and charging a fee?

Sincerely
Di

Me and my camera said...

Scott, as far as I know, is happily married with children in Pennsylvania (many hours from Toronto).

However, as we all know, boys will be boys...

;-)

Di Mackey said...

The loveless thing was misleading ... thanks for clearing that up.

Me and my camera said...

Ah...

Yes, well, Loveless is Scott's actual surname, not an "alias" indicating a lack of romance in his life. I could see where you might be lead astray...

:-)

Anonymous said...

say frank, got any more of those pikkies from the 10-9 din-din?

who else is in there?

Followers

Blog Archive

The Animal Rescue Site
photoblog-community

Photoblogs.org - The Photoblogging Resource

CoolPhotoblogs.com
My profile