"The optimist says this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears he is right." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Friday, September 21, 2007

Not an Indian Summer

For one thing, I think we should stop calling it Indian Summer, which is clearly a racist term. Perhaps we should refer to it as "First Nations' Warmth"? "Aboriginal People's Unnaturally Warm Autumnal Experience"?

For another thing, this isn't Indian Summer. Indian Summer is a warm spell after the first frost, and we've yet to experience anything close to a frost around these parts.

What it is, is unusually warm for late September. It's been in the mid-to-high twenties all week long, and today it's going up to 28C. These sorts of temps will hold through the weekend until at least Monday. Global warming? Just an anomoly?

I don't care, I like it, and I'll be out enjoying this glorious weekend. I hope you'll be out there, too...

2 comments:

La Gatita Gringa said...

In Spain, it's called St Martin's summer. Not that you really care. But. Well. There it is.

Me and my camera said...

Why would you think I don't care?

Of course I care...

:-)

Followers

Blog Archive

The Animal Rescue Site
photoblog-community

Photoblogs.org - The Photoblogging Resource

CoolPhotoblogs.com
My profile