"The optimist says this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears he is right." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Soccer Girl

My daughter Claire just finished her second year of soccer, and I couldn't be more proud of her. She tries her best, and works hard on every play. She's a backfielder, and as such, she's often the last line of defense; if a forward get past her, the goaltender's alone.

Being a defender is about the least glamourous job there is, yet she gives it her all, and has fun!

She's tenacious and never gives up, and clearly, she listens to her coach; it shows by how much she's improved her positioning and defensive strategy this year over last (her first year).


Their end-of-the-year tourney was this past weekend, and I was honoured to attend and enjoy the day.

She's bottom right in the team photo, above, and on the left of the other two photos.

I have many more photos of her that I may show in subsequent days.

As a proud father, I just can't help myself...

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

The Animal Rescue Site
photoblog-community

Photoblogs.org - The Photoblogging Resource

CoolPhotoblogs.com
My profile