"The optimist says this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears he is right." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Friday, January 11, 2008

The Payphone

I wonder how much longer we'll see these guys around?

I mean, who uses them? Who would want to touch one? I know I wouldn't, not until it's hosed down with a disinfectant cleaner.

They must be expensive as hell to operate and maintain; I can't imagine that Bell makes any money off these things. Pretty soon it'll be cheaper to give cellphones to the indigent - I'm sure Bell could lobby for government grants for that purpose, just like the $1Billion corporate welfare handout just announced by the pre-election Harper government here in Canada.

I give em five more years, max; after that, they'll be an ancient curiousity we tell our kids and grandchildren about, much like my father told me about horsedrawn deliverywagons in the 30s and 40s...

Oh well, another Friday is here. Have a good one, and enjoy your weekend - I know I will...

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

The Animal Rescue Site
photoblog-community

Photoblogs.org - The Photoblogging Resource

CoolPhotoblogs.com
My profile