"The optimist says this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears he is right." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Thursday, January 10, 2008

On The Bike Again

It was like a convergance of the stars.

For the first time in about a month it was sufficiently dry/snow-free/mild that I had the inclination to hop on the bike and ride to work. Due to my recent fender-bender (actually, it was a seatstay-bender) I only had the choice of one bike, but happily, that one bike was the Fondriest trackbike.

It was dark pretty much the whole way and at the freezing point, it was coolish (I do have layers to add if it gets colder but stays dry), but it was a hoot, none-the-less. Over the past month I've acquired a bit of a layer of fat (not much, but noticeable by me, anyway), and I noticed that a few of the smallish hills along the way are a teensy bit more arduous than usual, but both of those things will be remedied by a week or two back on the bike.

Sadly, snow tonight, tomorrow it rains and they're calling for snow each day next week, so Lord knows when I'll be doing a two-wheel commute again. I guess I'll just have to enjoy today.

Looking forward to the ride home!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your entheusiasm for the two wheeled commute home may hasve as much to do with your love of riding as your distaste for your daily drudgery.

Pappy said...

Knarf- You are a master of snow/ice riding after so many winters on the road, so why be such a pussy?
Just throw a fender/mud guard on the rear end & you're good to go.

Me and my camera said...

Pappy,

Yes, I am indeed a master of winter conditions. Of course, the fixed gear is the way to go, and that helps a lot in snow and ice.

However, I did it all those years because it was my job; I got paid for it.

Riding from Y&E to Etobicoke in the snow and ice ain't my idea of fun. My attitude on the bike is: if it's not enjoyable, I won't do it. Cold's okay, but snow and winter rain isn't...

who stole the kishka? said...

I thought "pussy" was the operative word there....

Me and my camera said...

Ha ha ha!

That's funny!

Followers

Blog Archive

The Animal Rescue Site
photoblog-community

Photoblogs.org - The Photoblogging Resource

CoolPhotoblogs.com
My profile