"The optimist says this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears he is right." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow

I know, I know, you're thinking, "Hey, didn't knarf recently show this photo?"

Well, sort of. Back on the Fifth I posted a very similar photo, taken moments before this one. At the time I processed the previous photo, I thought it the best of the several I took. It's a bit sharper, and one can see the dog's face.

However, I later realized that my processing left much to be desired (very muddy rendition, no detail in the dark areas - coats and jackets for instance), so I went back to fiddle with a few things to improve its online presentation. While doing that, I noticed this image: dog looking the wrong way, not quite so sharp, but I noticed that the young lady's smile is much more vibrant, and the older lady's hand isn't "lost" in the other's boots.

Especially with the better contrast and brightness, this seems to me to be a much stronger photo.

But, really, today's post isn't about the photo (I just felt like rambling for a few minutes), it's about snow. Which we're going to get more of today. A couple more inches, it looks like. The streets are dry-ish this morning, so I actually considered taking the bike today (I've only ridden one-way to the office since my accident; took the subway home on Tuesday, as it was pissing cold rain), but the thought of riding to the subway in several inches of fresh snow/slush in the dark is most unappealing.

So we're tubing it both ways today. At least the day will look pretty: last snowfall is looking quite grey and dingy by now...

11 comments:

La Gatita Gringa said...

I want to like snow, but I can't. I hate snow. But it is pretty. When it's pretty.

Me and my camera said...

Well, that's the problem with Toronto - it rarely stays pretty for long.

It's commenced to snow (as Jethro Bodine of The Beverly Hillbillies might have said) already, so it'll be nice and white and fluffy for a few days until the next Toronto thaw makes it all slushy and brown and grey...

Anonymous said...

Hey Knarfo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PQogX88yjg

Me and my camera said...

Chrisso:

What are YOU doing?

Anonymous said...

Just watching the market recap, drinking an import. What are YOU doing?

Me and my camera said...

That is correct.

That is CORRECT!

Anonymous said...

What are you DOING?
What are YOU doing?

Me and my camera said...

Is that Chad?

La Gatita Gringa said...

Hey Chad, pick up the cordless.

Me and my camera said...

Are you mocking Chrisso and me?

Are you taunting us?

We are much like The Slickers' Guide. Don't taunt us...

La Gatita Gringa said...

I was taunting you. Apologies. :(

Followers

Blog Archive

The Animal Rescue Site
photoblog-community

Photoblogs.org - The Photoblogging Resource

CoolPhotoblogs.com
My profile