"The optimist says this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears he is right." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Monday, August 27, 2007

The Ritual

The Monday morning ritual:

Oil chain, wipe off excess.

Pump up tires, 105 psi.

Check tires for embedded glass.

The sun's been up for about a half hour as I leave the house. The sky is clear, the air still. All I hear is the soft purr of my chain.

I enter my first corner. Hard tires "thuk-thuk" over ripples in the pavement. The bike feels smooth, taut and responsive.

Confidence builds.

I lean a bit more into the next curve, accelerating out of it with a smile on my face.

The work week that looms at ride's end suddenly loses relevence.

5 comments:

La Gatita Gringa said...

Was that photo taken with the Knarf-cam?

Aidas Rygelis said...

yes. bikes.

Pappy said...

That's a truly great shot from the Knarfomatic mounted lens, it must be said, complete w. speed limit signpost as in-frame commentary.

frejus track said...

fantastic picture and sentiments Knarf...i know i'll be pumping 105 from now on..peace

Di Mackey said...

Great photo, it played with my eyes some and I could easily imagine being on the bicycle.

Followers

Blog Archive

The Animal Rescue Site
photoblog-community

Photoblogs.org - The Photoblogging Resource

CoolPhotoblogs.com
My profile