"The optimist says this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears he is right." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Friday, May 02, 2008

Mies' Masterpiece

I know I've mentioned him here before, but Ludwig Mies van der Rohe is my favourite modern architect. From Germany's Bauhaus School, he moved to the US in the late thirties, where his buildings dot Chicago, Detroit and New York among many other places.

Here in Canada we're fortunate to have two of his masterpieces, Montreal's Westmount Square and Toronto's Toronto Dominion Centre, the latter being perhaps his most grandiose and majestic work.

When I was a messenger on stand by (between calls) I used to love lying down on my back on the grass to watch the changing shadows and reflections play on the buildings, much as they are in this photo.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

The Animal Rescue Site
photoblog-community

Photoblogs.org - The Photoblogging Resource

CoolPhotoblogs.com
My profile