"The optimist says this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears he is right." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

It's Called the Icycle Race

Pappy corrected me yesterday, so I'll use the correct nomenclature today.

Toronto's Icycle Race will take place this Saturday at the Dufferin Twin Pads (or whatever they're called - is it maybe Duffering Grove Park?), on Dufferin just south of Bloor, directly across from Dufferin Mall.

I know I've shown this photo of Pete Breward before, but it's among my favourites, taken a couple of years ago, when I last attended.

I'll be there this year (for the first time with digital camera) ready to take a boatload of shots. Hope you'll be there, too!

2 comments:

La Gatita Gringa said...

Icycle! Icicle! Ahhh, cyclist humour!

Pappy said...

Yes cyclist humour - enough to put anyone in a good mood.
Races go off at 18:00, by the way Knarf, people should know about that. Myself, I have after much wailing and knashing of teeth, deciding to go off to my snowbound country hideaway for the long weekend. Wanted to ice race, but realized that I just don't have it together... no ice tires, no ice race.

Followers

Blog Archive

The Animal Rescue Site
photoblog-community

Photoblogs.org - The Photoblogging Resource

CoolPhotoblogs.com
My profile