"The optimist says this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears he is right." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Friday, January 25, 2008

Young Lady on a Bike Next to a Streetcar

It was a one-shot deal. She was sitting on her bike next to a streetcar at Queen and Victoria. I asked if I could take her photo, she smiled and said "yes", I shot. We chatted for a second, the light changed and off she went.

Unfortunately, the late-day sun put huge hot-spots on her face, and I've been trying to deal with them ever since. The seed of the photo is there, but it seems so technically flawed that it may be beyond rescue, which would be a real shame.

So here's my latest attempt, rendered in faux-infrared on the computer. It's the best one yet. The best, I'm afraid, of a sorry lot (it looks better bigger, so click on it to see it screen-size). In fact, the more I look at it, the less I like it. I still think there's a wonderful photo in there somewhere; I'll just have to keep working on it...

Anyway, you have a great weekend (as I know I will)!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

The Animal Rescue Site
photoblog-community

Photoblogs.org - The Photoblogging Resource

CoolPhotoblogs.com
My profile