"The optimist says this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears he is right." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Friday, December 28, 2007

The Sheppard Line

Toronto's largest recent sinkhole of transit funds is a subway line of five stations that cost billions at a time that the rest of the system is falling apart and ridership is down due to a combination of rising fares, diminishing service and increasingly unreliable vehicles and infrastructure.

Opened in 2002, it's the least used of Toronto's subway lines, so much so that they run shorter trains, and even those run pretty much empty most of the time.

It's sometimes referred to as the Ikea Line, since it's primary reason for being seems to have been to get more customers to the Ikea store at Leslie and Sheppard. Indeed, both times I've been on it, it's been to go to that very same Ikea.

I went there this past weekend to buy a few last-minute presents. My youngest daughter took several dozen photos, and I managed to take this one, which for some reason strikes me as kind of okay; if nothing else, it's another transit shot, to go along with the rest. I see a theme emerging...

;-)

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

The Animal Rescue Site
photoblog-community

Photoblogs.org - The Photoblogging Resource

CoolPhotoblogs.com
My profile