"The optimist says this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears he is right." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Our Fearless Leader - and others...

This is Mark. I can't remember his exact title (president, chairman, king, dictator?) of TOBMA (TorontO Bicycle Messengers Association). Since I've been showing a bunch of Toronto messengers over the past month or so, I thought I should show one of Our Fearless Leader.

Today will be the last of the Magpies October 9 pix, so I figured I'd better get him in

Hey, nice shirt, Mark!


As for the rest of the photos, beneath Mark, in order, are Jamr, Jamr's beer and Franek.

Next we find a table-full of guys trying to get a word in edgewise - but with Tif and Sunny D talking, we know that's not going to happen!!

Finally, there's Sunny D and a young man from Dublin whose name escapes me for the moment. Perhaps they met when Sunny was there for CMWC. I only mention that as an excuse to remind you all that Toronto will be the host of CMWC summer of 2008!


3 comments:

Di Mackey said...

That photograph of Mark is magical ... I don't feel I'm exaggerating but I do feel I should be gentle with your Canadian modesty with regard to compliments.

Hey I have a gig photographing the Canadian commemorations at Passchendaele this weekend. Press release stuff. I'll either send something lovely Canada's way or be 'that kiwi who completely messed up'.

Me and my camera said...

Thank you, Di. How lovely of you to say how much you like it!

The image out of the camera didn't work for a number of reasons, so I tried an infrared simulater that I have as a plug-in, and it worked, I think.

I think the look is rather more interesting than what I started with.

Again, thanks for the kind words!

Me and my camera said...

Here I am, commenting on my own blog, by way of correcting an error.

Mark, it seems, is not a president, chairman, prime minister, dictator, or in any other way leader of TOBMA, as he kindly pointed out to me in a recent e-mail.

I suspect he's being humble, and is in fact one of several oligarchs, however for the "official purposes of this blog", I'll accept his disclaimer...

Followers

Blog Archive

The Animal Rescue Site
photoblog-community

Photoblogs.org - The Photoblogging Resource

CoolPhotoblogs.com
My profile