"The optimist says this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears he is right." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Monday, November 26, 2007

Just Relaxing

I wish I could relax.

Friday was horrendous. I'm spending Monday morning cleaning up all the calls that didn't even get picked up on Friday.

Oh well. Shit happens, some of us have to clean it up.

Luckily, I had a pretty darned good weekend - the most relaxing I've had in a long time. Lord knows, I needed it.

Last week kinda sucked on a bunch of levels, including the fact that it rained every day. I rode my bike to work on Monday, knowing it would rain in the afternoon, but that I could subway home, which I did.

I didn't get on my bike for the rest of the week.

I did venture onto the balcony midweek to see how my baby was doing and noticed that both tires were flat. I hate fixing flats. I had to do some errands yesterday. It was suggested to me that perhaps using another bike might be the solution.

Brilliant!

I switched pedals over to my road bike, which I hadn't been on since about June or July. As great as trackabikes are in very low traction situations such as snow and ice, I really don't want to ride the Fondriest in the winter, so switching over to the roadbike is probably a good idea.

So I did.

It was fun.

I continue to be amazed at how different these two bikes feel on the road. The roadbike is far more comfy, and it feels sooooo much faster; in fact it has a much higher top speed, due to gears and that whole freewheel thing (for coasting quickly down hills). On the other hand, it takes exactly the same time to get to work, so the average speed must be about the same. Go figure.

That's my big news. Trackbike out, roadbike in, for now at least.

It's supposed to rain this afternoon and tomorrow, snow Thursday and Friday. Maybe I'll be able to ride Wednesday. Maybe.

Unless our esteemed meteorologists are wrong. That's happened before...

3 comments:

La Gatita Gringa said...

If your metereologist is Bill Lawrence then he won't be wrong.

Me and my camera said...

If you could make a wish, snap your fingers (snap!), and make it come true, what would that wish be?

La Gatita Gringa said...

Clearly Tiny Talent Time was a trail blazer for the likes of Star Search & the Idol Franchise.

"So Bill Lawrence won't you introduce us please ..."

Followers

Blog Archive

The Animal Rescue Site
photoblog-community

Photoblogs.org - The Photoblogging Resource

CoolPhotoblogs.com
My profile