"The optimist says this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears he is right." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Cinza Sez...

"Click on the kitty in the right-hand margin. You'll feed rescued cats (and some lesser species as well) in shelters ."

Okay, so I don't understand it either. Something about sponsors paying a couple of cents per hit or something. I have to admit I used to be skeptical, but I'm told it's all on the up and up, and that it really works. It was all explained to me once, and it made sense at the time (although I've long since forgotten the details). Besides, what's the downside?

There is none!

In other news, I got hit by a car on the way to work this morning. The road bike's frame is bent quite significantly, but it may be repairable. No charges laid ("he said/she said").

Anyway, pictures and more particulars tomorrow (man, will there be particulars!).

Oh yeah, I'm fine. A bit stiff now that the adrenaline has worn off, but otherwise, none-the-worse for wear.

8 comments:

La Gatita Gringa said...

In other news, I got hit by a car??

Are you okay? I mean seriously?

Me and my camera said...

It was a stop-sign incident: she didn't see me (I had the right of way) went through the stop sign and hit me. Knocked me off the bike, bent my frame.

I'm okay, but I'm stiffening up as the day goes along.

I don't know if I'll be able to squeeze money out of her, but I'll try.

Mind you, she told the cop I went through the stop sign (a lie), so due to our conflicting stores, "no charges were laid"...

That's what always happens when a bike is hit by a car. Sigh.

frejus track said...

Sorry Knarf,,that's a bitch
Lucky u were not on Fondriest
Recover quick..peace
see Cars Suck article today on Moving Target

La Gatita Gringa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
La Gatita Gringa said...

Weekend's almost here. Rest up & get well.

Di Mackey said...

Sorry to read of the 'hit by a car'.

It's disgusting that she lied ...

Hey, and you know that cat owns you, don't you? Beautiful photograph.

La Gatita Gringa said...

If I had a nickel for every cyclist I've seen go through a stop sign or suddenly change directions when they come up to one, crossing (ie. cycling across) the street with pedestrians and then veering back into traffic - I'd be rich. The problem is that many cyclists play the "I'm a vehicle - No, I'm a pedestrian" game, or play by their own rules (driving up one-way streets, going up and down sidewalks, weaving in and out of traffic) that I'm not surprised the driver accused you of running the stop sign. And that the cop - if not believing her - gave her the benefit of the doubt.

Unknown said...

Hey Knarf,
Don't go all stiff, will you... :-)
Hope you soften up again over the week-end.

Damn, you've had more than your fair share of traffic incidents by now.

Take care,
Jostein

Followers

Blog Archive

The Animal Rescue Site
photoblog-community

Photoblogs.org - The Photoblogging Resource

CoolPhotoblogs.com
My profile