"The optimist says this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears he is right." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Monday, October 15, 2007

What a Joke

It's Monday.

I awoke to the clock radio at about 5:25. As usual, I lay in bed for about ten minutes, listening to the news, for the express purpose of hearing the weather:

"Cloudy today, with a chance of mid-day showers."

"Okay, I can bike, with some amount of confidence that I won't get wet."

I get up, go to the computer to get a few photos ready to bring to work, with a view to putting them on the blog.

Out the door at 7. It's raining. Not hard, but it's raining. It lightly rains pretty much the whole way to work.

Okay, I'll admit, it wasn't a big deal, The streets didn't get wet, I didn't even have to put on a raincoat. Still, it makes one wonder: "Cloudy today, with a chance of mid-day showers."

Uh-huh. Right...

So I get to work and every photo (save this one) was really dark. Too dark to show. I don't know if it was me in my Monday morning fog, or if I was looking at my laptop screen at the wrong angle as I PSed them, but I got the brightness way wrong.

Now I get to work, to find that four messengers have booked off and it's not yet 8 o'clock; I guess it's that old Monday Morning Flu with a Chance of Rain, but we're going to be a bit thin on the bike side today.

I guess I should look at it this way: It can only go up from here, right?

;-)

At least you can enjoy Toronto messengers Jim Kuz and Tofu enjoying a light moment Thursday evening at the TOBMA bash.

3 comments:

La Gatita Gringa said...

5:25 a.m? Cripes.

Me and my camera said...

I start work at 8. Leave the house at 7...

Anonymous said...

If it's any consolation to yo, they've picked my day off this week to shut off the water and do some kind of work, so I'm living in a third world country over here. The kind of third world country that has high-speed internet and cable TV.

Followers

Blog Archive

The Animal Rescue Site
photoblog-community

Photoblogs.org - The Photoblogging Resource

CoolPhotoblogs.com
My profile